Wednesday 28 January 2015

The Distance Between Us - Kasie West

Say hello to one of my new favourite books!


Caymen works in her mom's porcelain doll shop, which is close to going under, and lives above the shop. She doesn't know her father or any of her grandparents. It's just Caymen and her mom.
Caymen's best friend, Skye, works in the shop next door, and is the daughter of a funeral director. She's fun, and dates a guitarist from a band called the Crusty Toads...and wants to set Caymen up with their vocalist.
But then she meets Xander, the rich heir to a hotel empire. They bond over their mutual dislike of one day taking over 'the family business,' no matter how different they both are.
Caymen and Xander are such lovable characters, that I became so invested in their story that I was crying by the end. Although it would have been impossible, I wish Sean had been in the book for longer, because all it took for him to become my favourite character in this book was his first line of dialogue. The sarcasm in this book was top notch!
I would recommend this book to anyone, especially if they loved the film 'A Cinderella Story,' which happens to be one of my favourite films! :) 
Kasie West is definitely one to watch. Her writing style is similar to Jennifer E. Smith's, who I also love.

Verdict: 5/5 :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...