Friday 13 February 2015

Jessica Cole Model Spy: Code Red Lipstick - Sarah Sky

This is one of the books that I'm hoping to get signed at the UKYA Extravaganza event in two weeks. I'm so happy that I read it before going to that, because now I can tell Sarah how much I enjoyed her book. 


When Jessica Cole gets a phone call from her father, who is away on business in Paris, telling her to invoke their agreed 'Code Red' protocol, she has every right to be worried. Her father's gone missing, and as an ex-spy, it comes as a shock to Jessica that MI6 aren't trying to find him. Instead, they're accusing Jack Cole of being a traitor, who was posing as a private investigator in order to find the scientist Sam Bishop and hand him over to a terrorist called Vectra. Jessica doesn't believe a word of this, and instead sets out to not only find her father, but clear his name.
Sam Bishop was working for the beauty firm, AKSC, when he disappeared, and her father's 'Code Red' call was traced to their headquarters. So Jessica must use her status as an up-and-coming model to get into AKSC and snoop around. But she can't do a lot of snooping when MI6 are following her every move, just in case she is helping her father.
This book is full of twists and turns that kept me turning the page, and the ending made me want to go straight out and buy the next book. Had it not been quite late when I finished this book last night, I probably would have. 
I loved Jessica's character, I thought she was a mixture of Harriet from Geek Girl and Cammie from the Gallagher Girls books - two of my favourite series! (I haven't reviewed those yet, but I will soon.) 
I really enjoyed reading this book and I can't wait to read the next one! I'm so glad it's already out, or else I'd be losing my mind waiting for it!

Verdict: 5/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...