Monday 1 June 2015

Arsenic for Tea - Robin Stevens

I deliberately waited a couple of months to read the second instalment in the Wells and Wong series, so that I didn't have long to wait for the third. I'm trying not to think about how long I'll have to wait for the fourth once I've read the third, though!



Daisy and Hazel are back, and I've missed them so much! It doesn't continue straight from where Murder Most Unladylike left off, but it brings you up to speed, which I liked. It is the Easter holidays, so instead of being at Deepdean school, they are at Fallingford house, where Daisy's family lives.

Daisy's birthday falls in the holidays, so Kitty and Beanie have also come to stay. So when someone is murdered at Daisy's birthday tea, Daisy and Hazel once again have a case to solve! But this time, Kitty and Beanie want to join the Detective society. Daisy struggles to solve the case, knowing that the murderer is most likely a member of her family. 

I thought I knew who did it this time! But I was wrong, yet again. I think I loved this book even more than Murder Most Unladylike, if that's even possible. It was nice to have a different setting for the book, with new characters. And the big reveal once again shocked me. A brilliant read!

Verdict: 5/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...